Thursday, November 26, 2009

Run freeeeeeeeee

At one point in my life I actually wanted to aim for the Olympics. The event was 100m. I used to love running. Not jogging.. no no.. I hated jogging. Never had the stamina. I loved sprinting. I loved the speed. I was quite good at it too. Won several medals when I was in KK and Sibu. I had a dedicated coach to train me. I wasn't too good on my own.I needed the encouragement..the support.I never complained how many days in a week my coach wanted me to practice. I loved it. But I didn't have one in KL. That was when I stopped.

I miss it though. I miss practice. I miss the morning breeze rushing through my face as I sped towards the finishing line. When I ran.. nothing mattered. It was exhilarating. The adrenaline pumping through my blood..what a rush. I felt so free. I miss that feeling.

I never really enjoyed other sports as much as sprinting. Too bad I stopped so early. Kind of regretting it actually. But what to do.. I just have to let bygones be bygones.

1 comment:

  1. Your daughter will run for you. After all, it's in her genes ;)

    ReplyDelete