Thursday, December 2, 2010

1 big happy family.

Right now I have 5 kids in the house. 4 boys and 1 girl. I have to be their mother, entertainer and housekeeper.

They bring me joy and anger at the same time. I can laugh my head off with them in one minute and scream bloody murder the next. They seem to take advantage whenever I'm not on guard. How do mothers play and discipline their child(ren) at the same time I always wonder. No wonder my mom said.. she has to be the disciplinarian and my dad is the fun parent because... it really is hard to do both.

Kids are clever you see. They know you desperately want to be both. Especially the fun parent part. So sometimes.. they take advantage of it so that they can get what they want. People say kids are born pure and innocent.. well I say they are born a genius.

But I take comfort in knowing that even though my mom was the disciplinarian.. We still adore her now more than ever. So yeah... I want my daughter to be the best person she can be so I am willing to be the 'bad' parent now... and because she is a genius.. she will understand why I have to do the things I do now and love me for it in the future.

And for my 4 boys... After the 8th I can be their fun kakak Anis again because they'll have their own disciplinarian back. A big phew in my part... I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment