Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Al-fatihah and 3 Qul.

I noticed early on what good memory Azalia has and how she picks up songs easily... so I've decided to teach her to memorise some short surahs ever since she was 2.

We started with Al-Fatihah and we would routinely recite Al-Fatihah before we got to sleep. A few months later she could already recite them by heart although her pronounciations still need work. Then I decided to move on to the 3 Qul. We would recite one of the 3 qul each night along with Al-Fatihah and syukur alhamdulillah she can recite them by heart at the age of 4.

I am glad I thought her to recite these surah by memory because when my arwah Tok Wan was on his death bed and the adults were reading the quran and reciting yassin... Azalia came to me and wanted to do the same too. I told her to recite Al-Fatihah and she did and I could see as she was reciting them with all her heart, my grandfather tried his hardest to look at her. And then.. looking at everyone holding and reading the Quran.. she insisted on taking out her Muqaddam and started to read the arabic letters...and I found it heartwarming to see this girl reading on top of her lungs.. alif..ba..ta.. hoping it would help her great grandfather.

I guess she's ready to start learning how to read the Quran.

No comments:

Post a Comment